When I think of my favorite foods two things come to mind: chocolate and peanut butter. And this recipe is near-divine because it combines the two! AND it’s super easy. ”I have company coming in an hour” easy. These sorts of recipes are what I call “Brownie Boosters”…little extras you can add to boxed brownies for a quick, easy dessert with a little character. Have I built them up enough for you? Okay, good. Drum-roll, please.
- 1 box of Brownie Mix prepared (or homemade if you’re an overachiever)
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup or so of peanut butter
- Make a standard brownie receipe or if you want the shortcut, make a box brownie mix batter (don’t worry, this is what I ususally do…I won’t judge).
- Mix in 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into 12 unlined, greased muffin cups.
- Bake 15-18 minutues at 350 degrees.
- Once you take the brownies out of the oven, heat 1/2 cup of peanut butter in the microwave until melted. Using a pastry bag, inject a little bit of the melted peanut butter into the center of each brownie cup. Sprinkle with a few more peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Let cool completely before removing from cups.
And you’ll be left with these: